Definition of Privine
1. Noun. Vasoconstrictor (trade names Privine and Sudafed) used in nasal sprays to treat symptoms of nasal congestion and in eyedrops to treat eye irritation.
Generic synonyms: Nasal Decongestant, Pressor, Vasoconstrictive, Vasoconstrictor
Language type: Trade Name, Trade Name
Lexicographical Neighbors of Privine
Literary usage of Privine
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Who's who in America by John William Leonard, Albert Nelson Marquis (1906)
"Courses cover three years, privine thorough equipment for work of ministry. Faculty numbers eight besides special inst ruc'ti >vs mul le<-- turers. ..."
2. Dictionary of National Biography by LESLIE. STEPHEN (1890)
"12mo,a work of little merit, privine *-ime formation concerning the country th It supplies biographies of the principal from the time of Shakespeare and old ..."
3. Hakluytus posthumus: Contayning a History of the World in Sea Voyages and by Samuel Purchas (1906)
"... without the privine of her Husband ? And he caused C111- '• 45-1 no meat. But the man (who slew the young man) C!ian ..."
4. Review of Reviews and World's Work by Albert Shaw (1904)
"... and has lost no lime nt all in adjusting himself to the situation. privine life lias no terrors for our typical and well equipped Americans. ..."