Definition of Palestinian islamic jihad
1. Noun. A militant Palestinian terrorist group created in 1979 and committed to the creation of an Islamic state in Palestine and to the destruction of Israel; smaller and more exclusively militant that Hamas.
Category relationships: Act Of Terrorism, Terrorism, Terrorist Act
Generic synonyms: Foreign Terrorist Organization, Fto, Terrorist Group, Terrorist Organization
Geographical relationships: Palestine
Lexicographical Neighbors of Palestinian Islamic Jihad
Literary usage of Palestinian islamic jihad
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Erased in a Moment: Suicide Bombing Attacks Against Israeli Civilians by Joe Stork (2002)
"181 On the origins of the palestinian islamic jihad, see Meir Hatina, Islam and Salvation in Palestine (Tel Aviv: Tel Aviv University, 2001) and Ziad Abu ..."
2. Terrorist Threats to the United States: Congressional Hearing edited by Lamar Smith (2001)
"In late October 1995, Shallah was appointed the new Secretary General of the palestinian islamic jihad to succeed Dr. Fathi Shikaki, ..."
3. Israel's Unilaterialism: Beyond Gaza by Robert Zelnick (2006)
"... Institute for Counter-Terrorism, noted as broad agreement between Fatah and Hamas, plus palestinian islamic jihad, on two sets of short-term interests. ..."
4. Patterns of Global Terrorism 1993 by DIANE Publishing Company (1994)
"The Izz al-Din al-Qassam Forces arm of the Islamic Resistance Movement (HAMAS) and the palestinian islamic jihad (PU) have led the violent opposition to the ..."
5. Competitiveness Issues: The Business Environment in the U.S., Japan and Germany (1993)
"The two suspects, members of the palestinian islamic jihad (PU), were killed in the explosion. The suspected mastermind of the attack was arrested and held ..."