Definition of Order coniferales
1. Noun. Profusely branching and chiefly evergreen trees and some shrubs having narrow or needlelike leaves.
Generic synonyms: Plant Order
Group relationships: Class Coniferopsida, Coniferophyta, Coniferophytina, Coniferopsida, Subdivision Coniferophytina
Member holonyms: Family Pinaceae, Pinaceae, Pine Family, Cupressaceae, Cypress Family, Family Cupressaceae, Araucaria Family, Araucariaceae, Family Araucariaceae, Cephalotaxaceae, Family Cephalotaxaceae, Plum-yew Family, Family Phyllocladaceae, Phyllocladaceae, Family Podocarpaceae, Podocarpaceae, Podocarpus Family, Family Sciadopityaceae, Sciadopityaceae, Family Taxaceae, Taxaceae, Yew Family
Lexicographical Neighbors of Order Coniferales
Literary usage of Order coniferales
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Plant World by Plant World Association, Wild Flower Preservation Society (U.S.) (1919)
"Naturally they become the order Coniferales. If this order is believed to ... Coulter and Chamberlain recognize two families in the order Coniferales: ..."
2. Torreya by Torrey Botanical Club (1915)
"Order CONIFERALES Family PINACEAE Genus TAXODIUM LC Richard TAXODIUM DISTICHUM (Linnaeus) LC Richard The remains of the bald cypress are very common in ..."
3. Contributions by Walker Museum of Paleontology, University of Chicago (1920)
"Occurrence.—Multnomah County, Ore., Locality No. 4. Collection.—Walker Museum, University of Chicago. Order CONIFERALES Family PINACEAE ..."
4. Principles of Botany by Joseph Young Bergen, Bradley Moore Davis (1906)
"This group (order Coniferales) has representatives distributed all over the earth, some of them forming the most extensive forests and having the greatest ..."