Definition of Observation tower
1. Noun. A structure commanding a wide view of its surroundings.
Specialized synonyms: Observation Dome, Widow's Walk
Generic synonyms: Construction, Structure
Derivative terms: Look Out
Lexicographical Neighbors of Observation Tower
Literary usage of Observation tower
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Annual Report (1903)
"The observation tower, which has been such a conspicuous blot on The landscape for a number of years, has been taken down by the. ..."
2. History of the Twenty-ninth Division, "Blue and Gray," 1917-1919 by John Abram Cutchins, George Scott Stewart (1921)
"... on our right at a point about 200 meters to the southeast of the Pylone observation tower, and extended northwest to the observation tower on Hill 361. ..."
3. Science and Industry (1899)
"... OBSCURA AS AN observation tower. BEFORE the days of steam power, when a warship attacking a fort was more or less at the mercy of winds and currents, ..."
4. Adventure Guide Inside Passage & Coastal Alaska by Ed Readicker-Henderson (2006)
"Once you get up to the observation tower, it's a matter of waiting. You'll have better luck if you're quiet, and don't use camera flashes when you see a ..."
5. Canada: Ontario, Quebec, Atlantic Provinces by Eva Ambros (1998)
"... its observation tower offers a spectacular view of the countryside. A perennial roadside attraction every autumn is the breathtaking spectacle of mile ..."
6. Department of Energy: Opportunity to Improve Management of Major System by DIANE Publishing Company (1997)
"... Figure 3.2: Guard observation tower at Pantex Plant Key Factors Inhibiting the Successful Completion of MSAs ..."