Definition of New mexico
1. Noun. A state in southwestern United States on the Mexican border.
Group relationships: Southwest, Southwestern United States, America, The States, U.s., U.s.a., United States, United States Of America, Us, Usa
Terms within: Carlsbad Caverns National Park, Albuquerque, Carlsbad, Farmington, Gallup, Las Cruces, Los Alamos, Roswell, Capital Of New Mexico, Santa Fe, Silver City, Taos, Chihuahuan Desert, Brazos, Brazos River, Canadian, Canadian River, Carlsbad Caverns, Cimarron, Cimarron River, Colorado Plateau, Gila, Gila River, Guadalupe Mountains, Llano Estacado, Pecos, Pecos River, Sacramento Mountains, Wheeler Peak
Generic synonyms: American State
Definition of New mexico
1. Proper noun. A (USstate) Capital: Santa Fe. Largest city: Albuquerque. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Lexicographical Neighbors of New Mexico
Literary usage of New mexico
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Constitution of the United States of America: With an Alphabetical by William Hickey, United States (1854)
"[For statement of propositions for forming a territorial government for New Mexico, eee under head of " California."] A Bill (S. 170) " to establish the ..."
2. The Catholic Encyclopedia: An International Work of Reference on the by Charles George Herbermann (1913)
"This was the first permanent Spanish settlement in new mexico. Here was established, also, the first mission, and San Juan de los Caballeros (or San Gabriel ..."
3. The Social Welfare Forum: Official Proceedings ... Annual Forum by National Conference on Social Welfare, American Social Science Association, Conference of Charities (U.S., Conference of Charities (U.S.), National Conference of Social Work (U.S. (1920)
"That was several years ago and he was speaking of new mexico. In this state there had existed an official body known as the State Board of Health and ..."
4. The Journal of Geography by National Council of Geography Teachers (U.S.) (1906)
"GENERAL CONSIDERATIONS The area of new mexico embraces 122580 square miles. ... new mexico belongs to a part of the United States that is historically of ..."
5. Supreme Court Reporter by Robert Desty, United States Supreme Court, West Publishing Company (1922)
"Gen. of new mexico, et al. v. CONTINENTAL OIL CO. ... Appeal from the District Court of the United States for the District of new mexico. ..."