Definition of New jersey
1. Noun. A Mid-Atlantic state on the Atlantic; one of the original 13 colonies.
Geographical relationships: Battle Of Monmouth, Battle Of Monmouth Court House, Monmouth Court House
Generic synonyms: American State
Group relationships: America, The States, U.s., U.s.a., United States, United States Of America, Us, Usa, Mid-atlantic States
Terms within: Atlantic City, Capital Of New Jersey, Trenton, Bayonne, Camden, Jersey City, Morristown, Newark, New Brunswick, Paterson, Princeton, Cape May, Ellis Island, Delaware Bay
2. Noun. One of the British colonies that formed the United States.
Definition of New jersey
1. Proper noun. A northeast state of the United States of America. Capital: Trenton. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Lexicographical Neighbors of New Jersey
Literary usage of New jersey
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Supreme Court Reporter by Robert Desty, United States Supreme Court, West Publishing Company (1922)
"Independent of any rights under the compact of 1834 between the states of New York and new jersey, and regardless of the precise location of the boundary ..."
2. The Cambridge Modern History by John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton Acton, Adolphus William Ward, George Walter Prothero, Ernest Alfred Benians (1903)
"It was probably owing to this event and to advice given by Dongan, that the Duke included new jersey in the consolidated province which was placed under the ..."
3. United States Supreme Court Reports by United States Supreme Court, Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company (1901)
"By these provisions, the territorial limits of the respective Stales of New York and new jersey were made the territorial limits of the respective Judicial ..."
4. The Catholic Encyclopedia: An International Work of Reference on the by Charles George Herbermann, Edward Aloysius Pace, Condé Bénoist Pallen, Thomas Joseph Shahan, John Joseph Wynne (1913)
"The close of the struggle found the people of new jersey jubilant and not disposed to relinquish their sovereignty. The Articles of Confederation were weak ..."
5. American Book Prices Current (1921)
"Laws for Regulating the Militia of the State of New-Jersey. ... Ordinance for Regulating and Establishing Fees within his Majesty's Province of new jersey. ..."
6. Readers' Guide to Periodical Literature by Anna Lorraine Guthrie, Marion A. Knight, H.W. Wilson Company, Estella E. Painter (1920)
"See New York, New Haven and Hartford railroad new jersey Antiquities Application of statistical methods to the data on the Trenton ..."