Definition of Nevada
1. Noun. A state in the southwestern United States.
Terms within: Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, Capital Of Nevada, Carson City, Las Vegas, Reno, Black Rock Desert, Death Valley, Lake Tahoe, Colorado, Colorado River
Group relationships: Southwest, Southwestern United States, America, The States, U.s., U.s.a., United States, United States Of America, Us, Usa
Generic synonyms: American State
Definition of Nevada
1. Proper noun. A (USstate) Capital: Carson City. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nevada
Literary usage of Nevada
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Catholic Encyclopedia: An International Work of Reference on the by Charles George Herbermann, Edward Aloysius Pace, Condé Bénoist Pallen, Thomas Joseph Shahan, John Joseph Wynne (1913)
"Long before these events, however, Utah and nevada were settled by Americans and even provisional government established. After the explorations of Ogden ..."
2. Forest Physiography: Physiography of the United States and Principles of by Isaiah Bowman (1911)
"SIERRA nevada MOUNTAINS The Sierra nevada Mountains on the eastern border of California are a bold, continuous range about 75 miles in width. ..."
3. Biennial Report by California Dept. of Agriculture, California State Commission of Horticulture (1907)
"The next paper is "The Water Supply of the Sierra nevada Mountains," by John Tuohy. ... What I have to say as to the streams of the Sierra nevada Mountains, ..."
4. The Engineering Index Annual for by American Society of Mechanical Engineers (1908)
"nevada. The Renaissance of nevada. Remarks on the recent revival of mining in ... The Old Camps of Ward, nevada. HR Plate. A brief historical review of the ..."
5. United States Supreme Court Reports by United States Supreme Court, Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company (1901)
"The Liverpool and Great Western Steam Company appeared as claimants of The nevada, and answered the libel, setting up that the collision was occasioned ..."
6. Laws of the United States of a Local Or Temporary Character: And Exhibiting by United States (1880)
"43. . stitution of the State of nevada, all that territory and tract of laud Boundaries of adjoining the present eastern boundary of the State of nevada, ..."
7. Botany by Geological Survey of California, William Henry Brewer, Sereno Watson, Asa Gray (1876)
"Sierra nevada, at 5000 to 8000 feet ; Crater Pase in Oregon, lat. ... collected by ¡Poison in the northeastern part of nevada, differs principally in the ..."