Lexicographical Neighbors of Nazir
Literary usage of Nazir
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings of the Society of Biblical Archaeology by Society of Biblical Archaeology (1879)
"discovered Text of Assur-nazir-pal, with Translation and Notes," was read by the author :— The tablets on which this text is engraved were discovered by Mr. ..."
2. Dictionary of National Biography by LESLIE. STEPHEN (1892)
"He was visibly failing, however, and when on 21 May 1827 he played Ben nazir in Colley Grattan's Tien nazir the Saracen,' he was unable to speak many ..."
3. The Founders of the Indian Empire: Clive, Warren Hastings, and Wellesley by George Bruce Malleson (1882)
"On the ] 3th of April a detachment of it surprised and dispersed an outlying force of nazir Jang's army greatly inferior in numbers. ..."
4. Early Records of British India: A History of the English Settlements in by James Talboys Wheeler (1878)
"The new Nizam, nazir Jung, was joined by all the Rajas and so-called Nawabs in the Carnatic. He was also joined by the English and the English Nawab ..."
5. The History of India, from the Earliest Period to the Close of Lord by John Clark Marshman (1867)
"He immediately opened a negotiation with nazir Jung, and was allowed to send an ... These daring exploits at length roused nazir Jung from the voluptuous ..."
6. The Life of the Marquis of Dalhousie, K. T. by William Lee-Warner (1904)
"... in matter of expenditure—Lawrence's views upon the danger of overtures from us, and on the character of the Afghans —Tactful negotiations with nazir ..."
7. The Decline of the French Monarchy by Henri Martin (1866)
"tiate: nazir consented. From that moment, nazir was lost. Dupleix was thoroughly acquainted with the dissensions which existed between all the different ..."