¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Kinematical
Medical Definition of Kinematical
1. Of or pertaining to kinematics. Kinematic curves, curves produced by machinery, or a combination of motions, as distinguished from mathematical curves. Source: Websters Dictionary (01 Mar 1998)
Lexicographical Neighbors of Kinematical
Literary usage of Kinematical
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Treatise on Physics by Andrew Gray (1901)
"Now consider a perfectly general system of it particles which are subject to kinematical conditions expressed by m equations connecting the co-ordinates, ..."
2. Dynamics of Rotation: An Elementary Introduction to Rigid Dynamics by Arthur Mason Worthington (1892)
"(kinematical.) 0n the velocity of the centre of mass of a system. If vi, vt, v, ... be the respective 'velocities in any given direction at any instant of ..."
3. The Theory of the Relativity of Motion by Richard Chace Tolman (1917)
"CHAPTER V. kinematical APPLICATIONS. 43. The various transformation equations for spatial and temporal measurements which were derived in the previous ..."
4. A Treatise on the Mathematical Theory of Elasticity by Augustus Edward Hough Love (1906)
"2\ , 2\2 Af*7\ showing that all plane waves travel with one or other of the velocities found above. 205. Motion of a surface of discontinuity. kinematical ..."
5. An Elementary Treatise on Hydrodynamics and Sound by Alfred Barnard Basset (1900)
"Before entering upon the dynamical portion of the subject, it will be convenient to investigate certain kinematical propositions, which are true for all ..."
6. Geometry of Riemannian Spaces by Elie Cartan (1983)
"ABSOLUTE DIFFERENTIATION, kinematical APPLICATIONS. LAGRANGE'S EQUATIONS. 34. Let us consider a vector field in the space. At each point N, the vector of ..."