Definition of Kennesaw mountain
1. Noun. Battle of the American Civil War (1864); Union forces under William Tecumseh Sherman were repulsed by Confederate troops under Joseph Eggleston Johnston.
Group relationships: American Civil War, United States Civil War, War Between The States
Geographical relationships: Empire State Of The South, Ga, Georgia, Peach State
Lexicographical Neighbors of Kennesaw Mountain
Literary usage of Kennesaw mountain
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Battles and Sketches of the Army of Tennessee by Bromfield Lewis Ridley (1906)
"BATTLE OF kennesaw mountain. CALLED ALONG CHEATHAM\S LINE THE DEAD ANGLE, ... kennesaw mountain is about four miles northwest of Marietta. ..."
2. Advance and Retreat: Personal Experiences in the United States and by John Bell Hood (1880)
"REPLY TO GENERAL JOHNSTON—NEW HOPE CHURCH—kennesaw mountain RETREAT ACROSS THE CHATTAHOOCHEE—JOHNSTON RELIEVED FROM COMMAND. GENERAL JOHNSTON, touching the ..."
3. History of the Eighty-first Regiment Ohio Infantry Volunteers: During the by William Henry Chamberlin (1865)
"ATLANTA CAMPAIGN—FROM kennesaw mountain TO NEAR ATLANTA. Probably never before did so large a number of spectators have the privilege of witnessing so grand ..."
4. Two Wars: an Autobiography of General Samuel G. French ...: Mexican War; War by Samuel Gibbs French (1901)
"kennesaw mountain is about four miles northwest of Marietta, It is over two and a half miles in length, and rises abruptly from the plain, solitary and ..."
5. Battlefields of the Civil War, Vol. II by Blair Howard (1995)
"Chapter 10 kennesaw mountain June 27, 1864 kennesaw mountain National Battlefield Park is located three miles north of Marietta, GA and is well sign-posted ..."
6. Atlanta Alive!by Ann Carroll Burgess by Ann Carroll Burgess (2001)
"kennesaw mountain National Battlefield Park, northwest of Marietta off 1-75 (Kennesaw Mountain Drive, Kennesaw, GA, o 770-427-4686), is the site of a ..."
7. History of Atlanta, Georgia: With Illustrations and Biographical Sketches of by Wallace Putnam Reed (1889)
"In fact this movement was inaugurated while the battle of kennesaw mountain was yet in progress. This movement was similar to the one subsequently so ..."
8. Illustrated History and Biographical Record of Lenawee County, Mich by John I. Knapp, Richard Illenden Bonner (1903)
"Assault of kennesaw mountain, Ga., June 27, 1864. Battle of Nickajack Creek, July 3-4, 1864. Skirmishing at Chattahoochee River, July 5-10, 1864. ..."