Definition of John paul ii
1. Noun. The first Pope born in Poland; the first Pope not born in Italy in 450 years (1920-2005).
Generic synonyms: Bishop Of Rome, Catholic Pope, Holy Father, Pontiff, Pope, Roman Catholic Pope, Vicar Of Christ
Lexicographical Neighbors of John Paul Ii
Literary usage of John paul ii
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Cracow by Andrew Beattie, Timothy Pepper (2002)
"arol Wojtyla: 'ope John Paul II K arol Wojtyla was born in Wadowice, a small town (30 miles) west of Cracow, in 1920. At the age of nineteen, shortly after ..."
2. Vicars of Christ: Popes, Power, and Politics in the Modern World by Michael P. Riccards (1998)
"Peter Hebblethwaite, Pope John Paul II and the Church (Kansas City, Mo. ... Mieczyslaw Malinski, Pope John Paul II: The Life of Karol Wojtyla (New York: ..."
3. Operation Just Cause: Planning and Execution of Joint Operations in Panama by Ronald H. Cole (1996)
"Ltr, Episcopal Conference of Panama to John Paul II, 29 Dec 89, U, ... Ltr, Près. Endara to Pope John Paul II, 28 Dec 89, U, J-3/JOD/WHEM. 21 J-3 Chron Sum, ..."
4. Socialism for Survivalby Allan H. Keith by Allan H. Keith (1992)
"Pope John Paul II in a speech I at Puebla, Mexico, called for “a more just and ... “ Pope John Paul II condemned the “ frenzy of consumerism” and warned ..."
5. Gotcha by Gyeorgos Ceres Hatonn (1992)
"During the historic meeting between Gorbachev and Pope John Paul II, ... POPE JOHN PAUL II What Pope John Paul II has in mind differs from what Gorbachev ..."
6. Incantation of the Law Against Inept Critics: A Guide to Cryptic Thinking by Morten St. George (2006)
"He is Pope John Paul II, elected in 1978. It is a shame we have trapped ... By poetic extension, Romans can substitute for Italians and John Paul II (from ..."