Definition of Have intercourse
1. Verb. Have sexual intercourse with. "Sam cannot have intercourse Sue "; "Were you ever intimate with this man?"
Related verbs: Make Out, Neck
Specialized synonyms: Have, Take, Fornicate
Generic synonyms: Copulate, Couple, Mate, Pair
Derivative terms: Bed, Fuck, Fucker, Fucking, Love, Love, Lover, Screw, Screwing
Language type: Archaism
Lexicographical Neighbors of Have Intercourse
Literary usage of Have intercourse
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Toda Grammar and Texts by Murray Barnson Emeneau (1984)
"... one who did not have intercourse with one who was born in the same clan, .... have intercourse ..."
2. Fertility, Family Planning, and Women's Health: New Data From the 1995 by Joyce C. Abma, A. Chandra, W. Mosher, L. Peterson (1998)
"About 20 percent of women reported that they had been forced by a man to have intercourse against their will at some time in their lives (table 22). ..."
3. The History of Herodotus by Herodotus, George Campbell Macaulay (1904)
"Now whenever Amasis lay with her and how he he found himself unable to have intercourse, ™ame? a wife ... ' His friendship . ..... . . .,. from thence. but ..."
4. A History of Missouri from the Earliest Explorations and Settlements Until by Louis Houck (1908)
"... Missouri—Mention the conglomerate caving bluffs near Apple Creek—Pass the mouth of the Ohio—Meet Indians who have intercourse with Europeans—Stop at the ..."
5. Traditions and Reminiscences, Chiefly of the American Revolution in the by Joseph Johnson (1851)
"... or cause any thing to be done, prejudicial to the success of his majesty's arms, or have intercourse or hold correspondence with his enemies ; and that ..."
6. The National Preacher (1853)
"He may permit the devils to have intercourse with them, and to exhibit appearances, and make disclosures, which could have been made in no other way. ..."