Definition of Get it on
1. Verb. Have sexual intercourse with. "Sam cannot get it on Sue "; "Were you ever intimate with this man?"
Related verbs: Make Out, Neck
Specialized synonyms: Have, Take, Fornicate
Generic synonyms: Copulate, Couple, Mate, Pair
Derivative terms: Bed, Fuck, Fucker, Fucking, Love, Love, Lover, Screw, Screwing
Language type: Archaism
Definition of Get it on
1. Verb. (idiomatic) To have sex ¹
2. Verb. (idiomatic) To hurry up; to get a move on. ¹
3. Verb. (idiomatic) To invite an opponent to a fight, or to agree to a fight.'' ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Lexicographical Neighbors of Get It On
Literary usage of Get it on
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce (1916)
"They'll both get it on the vital spot. Wells rubbed himself and said in a crying voice: — Please, sir, let me off! Athy grinned and turned up the sleeves of ..."
2. Letters and Memorials of Jane Welsh Carlyle by Jane Welsh Carlyle (1883)
"... to-morrow is Sunday; but you will get it on Monday morning. I sent the photograph to Isabella a week ago. Compliments to Ann ; and no end of kisses to ..."
3. Proceedings of the American Society for Psychical Research by American Society for Psychical Research (1908)
"I get it on the right side. It is something rather unusual. (Is it more on one side than on the other?) I get it more prominent on the right side, ..."
4. British Farmer's Magazine (1865)
"The saddle is on old Bobby as quick as Jack Robins encan get it on, the ferret in the bag, and the jolly lot are fleeting away to the Warren, ..."
5. Report of the Proceedings of the ... Annual Convention of the American by American Railway Master Mechanics' Association (1900)
"I believe if we get it on the journal it will be a good thing, but we do not know yet how to get it on and the manufacturers do not know how to tell us. ..."
6. Thirty-six Voyages to Various Parts of the World, Made Between the Years by George Coggeshall (1858)
"On my arrival, the Governor inquired of me whether I could raise the gun and get it on shore.. He said it was very important to the community that it should ..."
7. Report of the Royal Commission on the Mineral Resources of Ontario, and by Ontario (1890)
"If we get it on the surface and it plays out at both ends we will get it again, but it may be in large or small quantities. The walls are generally granite ..."