Definition of Genus rhagoletis
1. Noun. A genus of Trypetidae.
Generic synonyms: Arthropod Genus
Group relationships: Family Trephritidae, Family Trypetidae, Trephritidae, Trypetidae
Member holonyms: Apple Maggot, Railroad Worm, Rhagoletis Pomonella
Lexicographical Neighbors of Genus Rhagoletis
Literary usage of Genus rhagoletis
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Entomological News and Proceedings of the Entomological Section of the by Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia Entomological Section (1898)
"Since the publication of Loew's Monograph, two new species belonging to the genus Rhagoletis have been described; ..."
2. Sessional Papers by Ontario Legislative Assembly (1911)
"... Henry Bird, Rye, NY The Fruit-infesting Forms of the Dipterous genus rhagoletis, with One New Species, JM Aldrich, Moscow, Idaho. ..."
3. Annual Report (1901)
"... may prove to be a synonym) of flies of the genus Rhagoletis have been described from the United States. ..."
4. Report of the New York State College of Agriculture at Cornell University by Cornell University, New York State College of Agriculture, Agricultural Experiment Station (1914)
"Aldrich, JM—The fruit infesting forms of the dipterous genus Rhagoletis, with one new species. Canadian Entomologist, vol. 41, pp. ..."
5. Bulletin by University of Delaware Agricultural Experiment Station (1897)
"... may prove to be a synonym) of flies of the genus Rhagoletis have been described from the United States. The habits are known of only two of these flies, ..."