Definition of Floating-moss
1. Noun. Free-floating aquatic ferns.
Generic synonyms: Aquatic Fern, Water Fern
Group relationships: Genus Salvinia, Salvinia
Lexicographical Neighbors of Floating-moss
Literary usage of Floating-moss
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Flora Americae Septentrionalis: Or, A Systematic Arrangement and Description by Frederick Pursh (1814)
"Willd. sp.pi. 5. p.54\. Floating on the waters of Lake Ontario. Q. vv Resembles a floating moss or ..."
2. The American Geologist by Newton Horace Winchell (1891)
"lake, of doubtful existence, to tlie Mississippi Springs, Floating Moss lake. ... Floating Moss lake l,5(il Mi-sissippi springs 1,54N Whipple lake 1564 Th<- ..."
3. The Journal of the Manchester Geographical Society by Manchester Geographical Society (1891)
"The first surface flowage in the Greater Ultimate Reservoir is a tiny brook connecting Whipple lake with Floating Moss lake. Down the incline from Floating ..."
4. History of Mining and Quarrying in Minnesota by Warren Upham (1898)
"The second little basin is that of the small Lake Whipple and of Floating Moss lake, the altitudes of which are 1551 and 1548 ..."