Definition of Family lentibulariaceae
1. Noun. Carnivorous aquatic or bog plants: genera Utricularia, Pinguicula, and Genlisea.
Generic synonyms: Plant Family
Group relationships: Order Polemoniales, Polemoniales
Member holonyms: Genus Utricularia, Utricularia, Genus Pinguicula, Pinguicula, Genus Genlisea
Lexicographical Neighbors of Family Lentibulariaceae
Literary usage of Family lentibulariaceae
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A College Text-book of Botany: Being an Enlargement of the Author's by George Francis Atkinson (1905)
"The bladderwort family (Lentibulariaceae) includes the curious bog or aquatic plants with finely dissected leaves, and with bladders in which insects are ..."
2. A College Text-book of Botany: Being an Enlargement of the Author's by George Francis Atkinson (1905)
"... the toad' flax (Linaria), turtle's-head (Chelone), and many other genera and species. The bladderwort family (Lentibulariaceae) includes the ..."
3. The Plant World by Plant World Association, Wild Flower Preservation Society (U.S.), Wild Flower Preservation Society of America (1902)
"Fl. Northeast US family lentibulariaceae. Bladderwort Family. These are marsh terrestrial or aquatic herbs, with perfect irregular flowers having a 2-5- ..."
4. Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club by Torrey Botanical Club (1921)
"Mountains of Santa Clara. Type from Sierra del Caballete, Sancti Spiritus mountains (Léon & Clement 6504). Family LENTIBULARIACEAE Pinguicula ..."
5. Wild Flowers of New York by Homer Doliver House (1918)
"Bladder wort family lentibulariaceae The Bladderworts, of which there are at least fourteen species in New York, form a very interesting group of plants. ..."