Definition of Dope sheet
1. Noun. A racing publication giving information on horses and the outcomes of horse races.
Definition of Dope sheet
1. Noun. (idiomatic) A summary, ordinarily in the form of a document, containing important facts and background information concerning a person, activity, or other subject matter. ¹
2. Noun. (idiomatic gambling) A publication, updated very frequently and used by people who make horse racing wagers, which summarizes information about the horses running in specific races; a publication which provides background information and/or predictions used by people wagering on any sort of competition. ¹
3. Noun. (idiomatic photography) A summary of the content and technical information for a set of photographs. ¹
4. Noun. (idiomatic film) A set of detailed instructions which the designer of an animated film provides to the photographers and editors. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Lexicographical Neighbors of Dope Sheet
Literary usage of Dope sheet
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. American Physical Education Review by American Physical Education Association (1920)
"We think a good deal of our "dope sheet." In addition to that we provided about $300 worth of athletic equipment—anything from a sack to run a sack-race ..."
2. Business Statistics by Melvin Thomas Copeland (1917)
"The " dope " sheet is not a judge of mediums, owing to the very great difference ... Because the advertiser who follows the " dope " sheet will be compelled ..."
3. Dogdom: Monthly (1920)
"... on his island home off Providence or thereabouts, had some capital dogs, and was the only man I ever knew to attempt to work out a dope sheet on dogs. ..."
4. Technology Review by Massachusetts Institute of Technology Association of Class Secretaries, Massachusetts Institute of Technology Alumni Association (1899)
"If you have not returned your "dope sheet," please do so at once. The expense of sending class letters to every address in the list in the July 1916 REVIEW ..."
5. Finding the North Pole: Dr. Cook's Own Story of His Discovery, April 21 by Charles Morris (1909)
"It was the dope sheet on all the best performances of the trotting horses in America in 1880. MacMillan brought out from a bearskin wallet another folded ..."
6. Modern Salesmanagement: A Practical Handbook and Guide by Justus George Frederick (1919)
"... to publish a "dope sheet" under the title "Burroughs Score Board" during the series. This sheet was for the purpose of giving complete information as to ..."
7. Guarding a Great City by William McAdoo (1906)
"An attendant before the race pastes lightly on the wall a sheet called the " dope - sheet, " which gives this news. The poor, foolish crowd cast their eyes ..."