¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Conglomeratic
Lexicographical Neighbors of Conglomeratic
Literary usage of Conglomeratic
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Research in China by Carnegie Institution of Washington, Bailey Willis, Eliot Blackwelder, Rufus Harvey Sargent, Friedrich Hirth, Charles Doolittle Walcott, Stuart Weller, George Herbert Girty (1907)
"conglomeratic LIMESTONES. In the case of these rocks I depart from the general plan of the report and discuss them collectively. In general. ..."
2. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1919)
"In some cases the fossils were sparingly disseminated among structures prevailingly conglomeratic and apparently of inorganic origin. ..."
3. The Geology of North Wales by Andrew Crombie Ramsay, John William Salter (1866)
"... brecciated and conglomeratic rock (the continuation of No. 3 in the yn-du'r-Arddu section, Fig. 39), containing fragments similar in form to those shown ..."
4. Maryland Geological Survey by Maryland Geological Survey (1913)
"conglomeratic Sandstone Beds.—This division constitutes the larger part of the ... It usually contains conglomeratic sandstones at three horizons in the ..."
5. The Geology of the Corocoro Copper District of Bolivia by Joseph Theophilus Singewald, Edward Wilber Berry (1922)
"O Conglomerate .3 Red shale 2.7 Red and gray sandstone with pebble beds 14 Conglomerate 2.7 Red shale io conglomeratic sandstone .7 Red shale 3.0 ..."
6. The Geology and Ore Deposits of the Virgilina District of Virginia and North by Francis Baker Laney (1917)
"The conglomeratic beds are well shown at many places along Blue Wing and Aaron ... The conglomeratic beds, which are badly mashed and highly schistose at ..."