Definition of Cheero
1. cheerio [n CHEEROS] - See also: cheerio
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cheero
Literary usage of Cheero
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. "Tid'apa": (What Does it Matter?) by Gilbert Frankau (1914)
""Beer: lashings of beer." How it bubbled; how the client rocked as he quaffed. "Here's cheero, old thing," he hiccoughed; "here's cheero." Die Alte laughed. ..."
2. "Nothing of Importance,": Eight Months at the Front with a Welsh Battalion by John Bernard Pye Adams (1918)
"Well, cheero! I shan't be up till about ten, I expect, unless there's ... "cheero!" "It's no joke firing that gun with the Boche potting at you hard with ..."
3. The Anatomy of Melancholy: What it is with All the Kinds, Causes, Symptoms by Robert Burton (1883)
"... and were much cheero'l up with it, though some would not believe it; others, as men amazed, said it was a miracle; but one amongst the rest thanked God ..."
4. Publishers Weekly by Publishers' Board of Trade (U.S.), Book Trade Association of Philadelphia, American Book Trade Union, Am. Book Trade Association, R.R. Bowker Company (1922)
"Changes in Price THE WOMANS PRESS Courage from $1.50 to $1.00 cheero " i.as 1.00 The Hall With Doors " 1.75 The Supreme Gospel cloth .80 Dreams and Voices ..."
5. Dictionary of National Biography by LESLIE. STEPHEN (1887)
"Edward cheero and Mr. CRL Fletcher, fellow of All Souls.] LC CHEESMAN, THOMAS (1760-1835?), engraver and draughtsman, was born in 1760, and is recognised as ..."
6. New Voices: An Introduction to Contemporary Poetry by Marguerite Ogden Bigelow Wilkinson (1922)
"... "Concertina: let it go— 'If you were the only girl'" "cheero! "// you were the Only Girl." Damn. " Abide with Me. . ." Not now! ..."