Definition of Capital of maine
1. Noun. The capital of the state of Maine.
Generic synonyms: State Capital
Group relationships: Maine, Me, Pine Tree State
Lexicographical Neighbors of Capital Of Maine
Literary usage of Capital of maine
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Second Visit to the United States of North America by Charles Lyell (1849)
"Timber Trade.—Fossil Shells at Gardiner.—Angusta, the Capital of Maine.—Legal Profession : Advocates and Attorneys.—Equality of Sects.—Religious Toleration. ..."
2. Harper's Introductory Geography: With Maps and Illustrations Prepared (1896)
"What is the capital of Maine? What city in Maine Is on Penobscot River? What one is on Casco Bay? What is the capital of New Hampshire? ..."
3. Colton and Fitch's Introductory School Geography: Illustrated by Twenty Maps by George William Fitch, George Woolworth Colton (1857)
"What town, the capital of Maine, on the Kennebec River ? Aa. What town, on Passamaquoddy Bay, is the most eastern part of the United States ? ..."
4. Harper's Introductory Geography: With Maps and Illustrations Prepared (1880)
"What is the capital of Maine ? What city in Maine is on Penobscot River? What one is on Casco Bay? What is the capital of New Hampshire ? ..."
5. The First Book of History, for Children and Youth by Samuel Griswold Goodrich (1849)
"Capital of Maine? In what county is Augusta? Describe the following towns, by telling what county each is in, and its direction from the capital : Portland, ..."
6. Elementary Geography (1880)
"What is the capital of Maine ? Describe the situation of Augusta. Augusta is in the southern part of Maine, on the right bank of the Kennebec ..."
7. Europe, Past and Present: A Comprehensive Manual of European Geography and by Franz Heinrich Ungewitter (1850)
"The Sarthe Department contains: -fL« MANS, former capital of Maine, on the Sarthe, eastward and 83 miles distant from Rennes, ..."
8. Colton's New Introductory Geography by George Woolworth Colton (1880)
"What is the capital of Maine, and how is it situated ? A—a, ou the K—c River. The capital of New Hampshire ? C—d, on the M—c River. The capital of Vermont ? ..."