Definition of Buckeye state
1. Noun. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.
Group relationships: Middle West, Midwest, Midwestern United States, America, The States, U.s., U.s.a., United States, United States Of America, Us, Usa
Generic synonyms: American State
Terms within: Akron, Athens, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Capital Of Ohio, Columbus, Dayton, Mansfield, Toledo, Youngstown, Wabash, Wabash River
Lexicographical Neighbors of Buckeye State
Literary usage of Buckeye state
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. John Sherman's Recollections of Forty Years in the House, Senate, and by John Sherman (1895)
"... of Internal Improvement — Value of Manufactures in 1890 — Vast Resources of the buckeye state—Love of the " Ohio Man " for His Native State. ..."
2. John Ogden, Abolitionist and Leader in Southern Education by Dennis K. McDaniel (1997)
"CHAPTER 1 Early Life in the buckeye state and Midwestern Beginnings of a Normal-School Career Typical of the modest social origins of most entrants into ..."
3. Footprints of the Pioneers in the Ohio Valley: A Centennial Sketch by William Henry Venable (1888)
"THE QUEEN CITY AND THE buckeye state. JOHN CLEVES SYMMES. THE MIAMI PURCHASE OF JOHN CLEVES SYMMES. The business relations of John Cleves Symmes to Major ..."
4. The American Decisions: Containing All the Cases of General Value and by John Proffatt, Abraham Clark Freeman (1888)
"buckeye state INS. Co. complete the contract of indorsement. .... The mere circumstance that tLe defendant wrote her name on the notes in Illinois is ..."