Definition of Bartlesville
1. Noun. A town in northeastern Oklahoma.
Lexicographical Neighbors of Bartlesville
Literary usage of Bartlesville
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Oil and Gas in the Mid-continent Fields by Luther Crocker Snider (1920)
"R. 11 E. bartlesville DISTRICT. Canary Pool. LOG OF WELL EMMA WELCH No. 2. SEC. 18, T. 29 N., R. 14 Capan I'ool. ..."
2. Case Studies of Selected Leveraged Buyouts (1991)
"Phillips' headquarters has been located in bartlesville since 1917, and the company ... According to officials of the bartlesville Area Chamber of Commerce, ..."
3. Contributions to Economic Geology (short Papers and Preliminary Reports) 1917 by F. L. Ransome, E F Burchard, Hoyt S Gale, Geological Survey (U.S.), David White, Geological Survey (U.S. (1918)
"Owing to the thinning of the bartlesville toward the east, ... The opinion is prevalent among many oil men that the bartlesville sand of the Gushing field ..."
4. Transactions of the American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical and (1918)
"The total oil and gas area in the bartlesville sand is about 20 square miles, of which but 2 square miles carry gas only. The Tucker sand lies from a few ..."