Definition of Army of the righteous
1. Noun. A brutal terrorist group active in Kashmir; fights against India with the goal of restoring Islamic rule of India. "Lashkar-e-Toiba has committed mass murders of civilian Hindus"
Category relationships: Act Of Terrorism, Terrorism, Terrorist Act
Generic synonyms: Foreign Terrorist Organization, Fto, Terrorist Group, Terrorist Organization
Geographical relationships: Islamic Republic Of Pakistan, Pakistan, West Pakistan
Lexicographical Neighbors of Army Of The Righteous
Literary usage of Army of the righteous
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Works of A. Conan Doyle by Arthur Conan Doyle (1902)
"So faithful was he—faithful even to slaying—that when the army of the righteous dispersed, he did not lay aside his zeal with his buff-coat. ..."
2. The Paradise Or Garden of the Holy Fathers: Being Histories of the by Athanasius, Ernest Alfred Wallis Budge, ʻAnân-Îshôʻ (1907)
"... and he travelled the road of the heavenly beings, and was numbered among the company of the holy ones and among the army of the righteous, and went to ..."
3. The Monthly Religious Magazine by Frederic Dan Huntington (1852)
"Onward, with the army of the righteous, — by 8 slow process it may be, — the hearts of the Pharaohs waxing hard at its presence, — but still onward moves ..."
4. Africa's Mountain Valley; Or The Church in Regent's Town, West Africa by Maria Louisa Charlesworth (1856)
"... of the Divine Wind over these slain of sin and Satan, until they live unto God, and stand upon their heavenward feet, an army of the righteous! ..."