Definition of Archipallium
1. Noun. The olfactory cortex of the cerebrum.
Generic synonyms: Cerebral Cortex, Cerebral Mantle, Cortex, Pallium
Derivative terms: Paleocortical
Medical Definition of Archipallium
1. Synonym: archicortex. Origin: archi-+ L. Pallium (05 Mar 2000)
Lexicographical Neighbors of Archipallium
Literary usage of Archipallium
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Anatomy of the brain and spinal cord with special reference to mechanism and by Harris Ellett Santee (1907)
"Rhinencephalon (archipallium) III. Corpus striatum. INTERIOR SURFACE OF THE FORE-BRAIN. The boundaries of the fore-brain ventricles constitute the interior ..."
2. A Laboratory manual and text-book of embryology by Charles William Prentiss (1922)
"The archipallium differentiates into the hippocampus (Figs. 345 and 349), a portion of the gyrus hippocampi, and into the gyrus dentatus. ..."
3. An Introduction to Neurology by Charles Judson Herrick (1922)
"lution than the non-olfactory pallium and has, therefore, been called the archipallium. The non-olfactory cerebral cortex is termed the neopallium (or ..."