Definition of Anti-inflammatory drug
1. Noun. A medicine intended to reduce inflammation.
Specialized synonyms: Cox-2 Inhibitor, Hydroxychloroquine, Plaquenil, Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory, Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drug, Nsaid, Oxyphenbutazone, Tandearil, Butazolidin, Phenylbutazone, Pediapred, Prednisolone, Prelone, Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednisone, Decadron, Dexamethasone, Dexamethasone Intensol, Dexone, Hexadrol, Oradexon
Generic synonyms: Medicament, Medication, Medicinal Drug, Medicine
Lexicographical Neighbors of Anti-inflammatory Drug
Literary usage of Anti-inflammatory drug
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Handbook of Severe Disability: A Text for Rehabilitation Counselors, Other edited by Walter C. Stolov, Michael R. Clowers (2000)
"... an older nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, has been available for many years. It is usually used for only a few days, as it has caused skin rashes ..."
2. Prescription Drugs: Many Factors Affected Fda's Approval of Selected by Janet Heinrich (2000)
"This analysis shows similar results to our previous analyses. The approval times for Relafen (a nonsteroidal anti- inflammatory drug) and ..."
3. Current Issues in Women's Health: An Fda Consumer Special Report (1993)
"For a somewhat ill-fated anti-inflammatory drug called ... and for another anti-inflammatory drug, called ketoprofen, 70 percent of the patients were women. ..."
4. A Lifelong Passion: Nicholas and Alexandra: Their Own Story by Andrei Maylunas (2005)
"Griffin, MR; Piper, JM; Daugherty, JR; Snowden, M.; Ray, WA Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug use and increased risk for peptic ulcer disease in elderly ..."
5. Diabetes in America by Ronald Aubert (1996)
"In a multicenter case-control study '", nonaspirin nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug use was associated with a twofold risk of chronic renal disease ..."
6. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1883)
"... in addition to a drug screening and evaluation effort, will participate in an interdisciplinary approach to anti-inflammatory drug research. ..."