Definition of Ajaia
1. Noun. A genus of Platalea.
Generic synonyms: Bird Genus
Group relationships: Genus Platalea, Platalea
Member holonyms: Ajaia Ajaja, Roseate Spoonbill
Lexicographical Neighbors of Ajaia
Literary usage of Ajaia
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Tænioid Cestodes of North American Birds by Brayton Howard Ransom (1909)
"... on the basis of specimens collected in Brazil, has been found in the same host, ajaia ajaja (Bureau of Animal Industry, Helminthological Collection No. ..."
2. The American Naturalist by American Society of Naturalists, Essex Institute (1905)
"... and would catch them when thrown to them, before they touched the ground. One specimen was taken, a male, at Pasadita, May 8. .21. ajaia ajaia (Linn.). ..."
3. The Auk: Quarterly Journal of Ornithology by American Ornithologists' Union, Nuttall Ornithological Club (1876)
"ajaia ajaia (Linn.). ROSEATE SPOONBILL.— A single Spoonbill was seen July 6, on the Marls of Great Abaco, by Messrs. Barbour and Bryant. 19. ..."
4. Handbook of Birds of the Western United States: Including the Great Plains by Florence Merriam Bailey (1921)
"ajaia ajaja (Linn.). ROSEATE SPOONBILL. Ashy blue, white below; neck reddish purple; plumes brown and white. Length: 23-28, wing 8.30-10, bill 3.30-4.15, ..."
5. Two Bird-lovers in Mexico by William Beebe (1905)
"ajaia ajaia (Linn.). Two individuals of this beautiful species were seen in the hot lowlands of the Pacific coast. WHITE IBIS. Guara alba (Linn.), p. 316. ..."