Definition of Tylenchus
1. Noun. Type genus of the family Tylenchidae.
Generic synonyms: Worm Genus
Group relationships: Family Tylenchidae, Tylenchidae
Member holonyms: Tylenchus Tritici, Wheat Eel, Wheat Eelworm, Wheatworm
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tylenchus
Literary usage of Tylenchus
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Fresh-water Biology by Henry Baldwin Ward, George Chandler Whipple (1918)
"Tylenchus Bastian Genus consisting of numerous species, ... 1 (6) Esophagus with only one swelling, corresponding to the median bulb of Tylenchus. ..."
2. Phytopathology by American Phytopathological Society (1917)
"Whether the closely related species of Tylenchus found by Bessey*, the writer, ... Some European investigators, however, regard Tylenchus tritici as a ..."
3. Gardeners Chronicle, the Horticultural Trade Journal (1897)
"296, he will see that the eel-worm mentioned is Tylenchus ... Doubtless a chemical agent might be found which would destroy Tylenchus, but this would mean ..."
4. Observations of Injurious Insects and Common Farm Pests ... with Methods of by Eleanor Anne Ormerod (1887)
"Tylenchus Kuhn. Daring the investigations in as to the cause of the diseased growth known as " Tulip-root" in Oats, there seemed reason for supposing that ..."