Definition of Demavend
1. Noun. An active volcano in northern Iran.
Lexicographical Neighbors of Demavend
Literary usage of Demavend
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings of the Royal Geographical Society of London by Royal Geographical Society (Great Britain) (1862)
"Notes of a Visit to tlie Elburz Mountains and ascent of Demavend. By EG WATSON, Esq. ON July 23rd, the party consisting of the Prussian minister at Teheran ..."
2. The Geographical Journal by Royal Geographical Society (Great Britain). (1893)
"ASCENT OF MOUNT Demavend. THE following is an extract from a letter of Mr. Evelyn Grant Duff, Third Secretary at the British Legation in Teheran, ..."
3. Earthquakes & Volcanoes: Their History, Phenomena, and Probable Causes by Mungo Ponton (1868)
"In the Elburz range of mountains, which skirts the Caspian Sea on the south, there is a lofty volcano named Demavend, which has been in activity within ..."
4. Caravan Journeys and Wanderings in Persia, Afghanistan, Turkistan, and by Joseph Pierre Ferrier (1856)
"The peak of Demavend is distinctly to be seen two hours before arriving at this halt, distant forty-five parasangs. A few years before I had seen it at ..."