¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Antara
1. a type of Pan-pipes [n -S]
Lexicographical Neighbors of Antara
Literary usage of Antara
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Arabian Poetry, for English Readers by William Alexander Clouston (1881)
"An old enmity subsisted, it seems, between our poet and those two young men, who, as Antara believed, had calumniated him without provocation ; and his ..."
2. The Ridpath Library of Universal Literature: A Biographical and by John Clark Ridpath (1903)
"... or Antara, an Arabian poet and soldier, who is supposed to have died a little before the time of Mohammed's flight to Medina. ..."
3. Universal Classics Library by Oliver Herbrand Gordon Leigh (1901)
"Antara Antara, whose warlike career, is the theme of the celebrated Arabian romance, composed one of the poems of the ..."
4. Mysore: A Gazetteer Compiled for Government by Benjamin Lewis Rice (1897)
"He took the name of Vikrama S-antara, and was succeeded by the following ... Deva S-antara, ruling in 977. This genealogy is sufficient to warrant our ..."
5. A Key to the Chronology of the Hindus: In a Series of Letters, in which an by Alexander Hamilton (1820)
"... to denote that although his Antara was among the divinities, his reign was among mortals. A reference to the fifth Table will elucidate the following, ..."