¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Tuneup
1. an adjustment to insure efficient operation [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Tuneup Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tuneup
Literary usage of Tuneup
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Muhammad Ali & Company by Thomas Hauser (1998)
"Joe was fixing to fight AH again, but first he figured he'd fight a tuneup against George Foreman for $850000. The rest is history. ..."
2. Occupational Compensation Survey: Pay in the U. S. and Regionsby DIANE Publishing Company by DIANE Publishing Company (1994)
"... training and experience. lassification does not include mechanics who repair customers' vehicles or who form minor repair and tuneup of motor vehicles. ..."
3. Reducing Home Heating & Cooling Costs by W. Calvin Kilgore (1994)
"Homes need a periodic tuneup to reduce leaks and heat losses and thereby minimize heating bills. An energy auditor has many tools to detect air leaks and ..."
4. Aviation System Capital Investment Plan 1996 by DIANE Publishing Company (1996)
"This support involves site selection analysis; site preparation and construction; equipment installation and testing; equipment tuneup, modification, ..."