Definition of Trumpet section
1. Noun. The section of a band or orchestra that plays trumpets or cornets.
Trumpet Section Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Trumpet Section Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Trumpet Section
Literary usage of Trumpet section
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Works of Thomas Goodwin, D.D. by Thomas Goodwin (1861)
"... he means chiefly to make partakers afterwards of this his New Jerusalem under the seventh trumpet. SECTION VIIL An interpretation of thal clause, ver. ..."
2. The Garden: An Illustrated Weekly Journal of Gardening in All Its Branches by William Robinson, Esther Baldwin York (1903)
"(From a ] holograph by Mit Willmott.) drained. Then there is the yellow trumpet section in which we find Emperor, PR Barr, ..."
3. Ye Narcissus Or Daffodyl Flowere, Containing Hys Historie and Culture, & C by Peter Barr, Frederick William Burbidge (1884)
"Parkinson places it with the trumpet section under the name Pseudo- Narcissus gallicus minor flore-pleno, but it is doubtful, and remarks on it as follows ..."
4. Journal of the Royal Horticultural Society by Royal Horticultural Society (Great Britain). (1889)
"Ban- & Son, King Street, Covent Garden, for a group of Daffodils (in pots), principally of the trumpet section, and pans of Crocuses, of such good sorts as ..."
5. Introductory Course of Natural Philosophy for the Use of High Schools and by Adolphe Ganot, William Guy Peck, Levi Sumner Bubank, James Irvin Hanson (1881)
"Modified by Contact with a Sonorous Body. Intensity of Sound in Tubes. Speaking-Tube. Speaking- Trumpet. Ear- Trumpet. SECTION II. MUSICAL SOUNDS. 225. ..."