2. Noun. (plural of trillion) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Trillions
1. trillion [n] - See also: trillion
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Trillions Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Trillions
Literary usage of Trillions
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Measure of the Circle: Perfected in January, 1845 by John Davis (1854)
"Hundreds of thousands of millions of billions. trillions. Tens of trillions. Hundreds of trillions. Thousands of trillions. Tens of thousands of trillions. ..."
2. The North American Arithmetic by Frederick Emerson (1844)
"... tens and hundreds; the second three, so many Thousands; the third three, so many Millions; the fourth three, Billions; the fifth three, trillions. ..."
3. The New Advanced Arithmetic: By John W. Cook and N. Cropsey by John Williston Cook, Nebraska C. Cropsey, Silver Burdett Company (1896)
"trillions. 6. Quadrillions. 7. Quintillions. 8. ... trillions. Billions. Millions. Thousands. Units. H Я H О 4,5 7 9 NOTE. — Learn the names of the periods ..."
4. Transactions of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers by American Institute of Electrical Engineers (1900)
"proper instruments we may analyze this group of waves from 20 trillions to 300 trillions, and construct a thermal scale, corresponding to the audible scale. ..."
5. An Universal History: From the Earliest Accounts to the Present Time by George Sale, George Psalmanazar, Archibald Bower, George Shelvocke, John Campbell, John Swinton (1762)
"... fome re- t*'e,c?r^l~ /trillions on the pontifical power; but though they began*. .," fuch a wotk, ..."
6. Manual of Geology: Treating of the Principles of the Science with Special by James Dwight Dana (1894)
"The mean annual discharge of the Missouri River is about 3J trillions, ... The corresponding amount for the Ohio is o trillions, which is J the amount of ..."
7. Manual of Geology: Treating of the Principles of the Science with Special by James Dwight Dana (1894)
"The mean annual discharge of the Missouri River is about 3;J trillions, ... The corresponding amount for the Ohio is 5 trillions, which ia \ the amount of ..."