Definition of Trade embargo
1. Noun. A government order imposing a trade barrier.
Generic synonyms: Import Barrier, Trade Barrier
Derivative terms: Embargo
Trade Embargo Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Trade Embargo Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Trade Embargo
Literary usage of Trade embargo
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. War Crimes in Bosnia-Hercegovina by Helsinki Watch (Organization : U.S.), Helsinki Watch, Helsinki Watch (Organization : U.S., Ivana Nizich (1993)
"The EC did not order such a freeze because these assets had already been removed from Europe. The trade embargo did not include a suspension of landing ..."
2. Drug Labeling In Developing Countriesby DIANE Publishing Company by DIANE Publishing Company (2004)
"A trade embargo or economic sanction is usually implemented after the President ... A trade embargo may prohibit all US export trade with a certain country, ..."
3. Human Rights Watch World Report 1999 by Human Rights Watch Staff (1998)
"The European Union (E. Unexpressed strong opposition to the US trade embargo while promoting political and economic openings with Cuba. ..."
4. Intervention Or Neglect: The United States and Central America Beyond the 1980s by Linda Robinson (1991)
"The United States had refrained from imposing a total trade embargo to minimize the harm to Panamanian citizens and the economy; only transactions with the ..."