Definition of Tog out
1. Verb. Put on special clothes to appear particularly appealing and attractive. "The young girls were all fancied up for the party"
Specialized synonyms: Dress, Plume, Preen, Primp, Prank, Tart Up, Enrobe, Bedizen, Dizen
Related verbs: Dress, Dress Up, Costume, Dress Up
Generic synonyms: Dress, Get Dressed
Derivative terms: Attire, Getup, Rigout
Antonyms: Dress Down, Underdress
Tog Out Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Tog Out Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tog Out
tog out (current term)
Literary usage of Tog out
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Webster's Elementary-school Dictionary: Abridged from Webster's New by Noah Webster (1914)
"tog. out of. a To emerge from; leave; as, to gft out of bed. b To go beyond; as, to yt out of sight, o To avoid; escape from ; aa, he tint out of trouble. ..."
2. The Modern English Verb-adverb Combination by Arthur Garfield Kennedy (1920)
"... up slow down or up study out or up tog out or up It must be reiterated, however, that while these combinations may be used interchangeably under certain ..."
3. A Dictionary of Slang, Jargon & Cant: Embracing English, American, and Anglo by Albert Barrère, Charles Godfrey Leland (1890)
"She's a dress-woman, that's what she is . . . one of them that they tog out that they may show off at their best and make the most of their faces . . . they ..."
4. Scribner's Engineers' and Mechanics' Companion: Comprising United States by J. M. Scribner (1849)
"HINTS ABOUT L*tog out CURVES. In laying out curves, the following method has the advantages of great accuracy and expedition over that of angles taken by an ..."
5. The British Journal of Photographyby Liverpool Photographic Society by Liverpool Photographic Society (1874)
"To secure this artistic softness in our plates, which is so much aim "' justly sought after, we must give them a very full exposure, so as tog out the ..."