Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Timously Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Timously
Literary usage of Timously
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Publications (1822)
"... if not timously prevented, I could not but give you faire warning, and desire you both Citizens, and Soul- diers, for the preservation of your Towne, ..."
2. The Living Age by Making of America Project, Eliakim Littell, Robert S. Littell (1846)
"... the most watchful observation over its phenomena and progress, and not only timously remove obstacles which may interfere with its proper course, ..."
3. The New England Historical and Genealogical Register by Henry Fitz-Gilbert Waters (1889)
"In the afternoon about 29 inhabitants were set upon by 70 or 80 Indians and had almost surrounded ym had they not been timously relieved by Serg' Tipping ..."
4. Collections by Massachusetts Historical Society (1892)
"... countrey with an Act of their Assembly w0?1 will prove fatal to the interest of the Proprietà of that countrey if not timously & vigorously repulsed. ..."
5. The Writings of George Washington by George Washington (1892)
"... of the tract (178 acres) to Mr. Lund Washington), it behooves me to look into the matter timously—let me then ask your opinion on the following points? ..."
6. The History of the Rebellion and Civil Wars in England Begun in the Year 1641 by Edward Hyde Clarendon (1888)
"[the] present 339. timously 341. called 343- 347- 349- 351- [a] preparation belong, should free from mixture now they have all our subjects 355- you only ..."
7. The Writings of George Washington by George Washington (1889)
"... which, if not properly, and timously attended to may be productive of the most serious consequences to the British Interest in America, and terminate in ..."