2. Verb. (past of tax) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Taxed
1. tax [v] - See also: tax
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Taxed Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Taxed
taxed (current term)
Literary usage of Taxed
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1919)
"By whom property is to be listed ; to whom taxed. If property be owned by a person sui juris, it sball be listed by and taxed to him. ..."
2. The New England Historical and Genealogical Register by Henry Fitz-Gilbert Waters (1853)
"THEOPHILUS LINES and JOHN PARNELL their men and vessel" taxed at OR 1666-1667. BENJAMIN had wife Elizabeth, and son, James b. 27 July, 1739. ..."
3. The New England Historical and Genealogical Register by Henry Fitz-Gilbert Waters (1851)
"R., sold his premises there, 16 June, 1640, to Francis Matthews, but continued to live at OR He was taxed 1648-1672 ; selectman 1660, &c. ..."
4. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1889)
"The Act of 1871 defined the class of persons who were authorized to petition, as a majority of the taxpayers "who are taxed or assessed for property, ..."
5. United States Supreme Court Reports by United States Supreme Court, Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, LEXIS Law Publishing (1901)
"While denying that national citizenship, as conferred by that Amendment, necessarily depends upon the inquiry whether the person claiming it, is taxed in ..."