Definition of Tax income
1. Noun. Government income due to taxation.
Generic synonyms: Government Income, Government Revenue
Specialized synonyms: Internal Revenue
Derivative terms: Tax
Tax Income Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Tax Income Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tax Income
Literary usage of Tax income
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Cyclopedia of American Government by Andrew Cunningham McLaughlin, Albert Bushnell Hart (1914)
"TAX, INCOME, GRADUATED. Many of the favorers of an income tax wish to make it a deterrent to the ... See ASSESSMENT OF TAXES; TAX, INCOME; TAXES, INDIRECT. ..."
2. Corporate Tax Incentives for Foreign Direct Investment by W. Steven Clark (2001)
"When firms are allowed to mix high- and low-tax income, excess foreign tax credits ... This sheltering of low-tax income has the effect of preserving host ..."
3. Fundamental Reform of Personal Income Tax by SourceOECD (Online service) (2006)
"In general, one might conclude that the gain in after-tax income for low and high-income households from the flat personal income tax reform is at the ..."
4. Oecd Territorial Reviews by OECD Staff (2001)
"The percentage of total tax income going to the local level is again somewhere in between that of unitary and federal countries (OECD, 1999c). ..."
5. Proceedings of the ... Annual Conference Under the Auspices of the National by National Tax Association (1908)
"The tendency of it is to tax income at its source — the very essence of it is to tax income at its source. That means that in every corporation which pays ..."
6. Outlines of Economics by Richard Theodore Ely, Thomas Sewall Adams (1908)
"The remedy most frequently advocated is that of a progressive income tax. Income taxes are not new in the United States. All through the colonial epoch ..."