Definition of Survivorship annuity
1. Noun. An annuity payable to one person in the event that someone else is unable to receive it.
Survivorship Annuity Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Survivorship Annuity Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Survivorship Annuity
Literary usage of Survivorship annuity
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Treatise on the Law of Fire and Life Insurance: With an Appendix by Joseph Kinnicut Angell (1855)
"Proposal for a survivorship annuity. ASSURANCE SOCIETY. ... a survivorship annuity, as before described , being desirous of from the [Sceptre] Assurance ..."
2. Handbook of Life Insurance and Annuity Policies for Teachers (1922)
"survivorship annuity The policy provides annuity, payable monthly, to the annuitant. The annuity commences at the death of the insured, and continues as ..."
3. Journal of the Statistical Society of London by Statistical Society (Great Britain) (1849)
"Investigation of the effect of discontinuance of contribution on survivorship annuity. * •**» -"-T, y The husband was only bound to continue the ..."
4. Metropolitan Policies and Plans: A Text-book for the Agency Force by Horace Mann Walton, T. B. Graham (1917)
"Do not confuse the Joint survivorship annuity contract with the ... A Joint survivorship annuity is a contract that provides for the payment of a certain ..."
5. What Life Insurance is and what it Does: A Primer for Laymen and Students by William Alexander (1917)
"survivorship annuity The name of this contract is unfortunate. ... The Survivorship Annuity is really a life income policy, but it differs materially from ..."