2. Verb. (past of surcharge) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Surcharged
1. surcharge [v] - See also: surcharge
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Surcharged Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Surcharged
Literary usage of Surcharged
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Mechanics' and Engineers' Pocket-book of Tables, Rules, and Formulas by Charles Haynes Haswell (1893)
"_r o When the earth stands above a wall, as A Be, ' a surcharged Revetment. ... Height of a surcharged revetment, BC, Fig. io, is 12 feet, weight per cube ..."
2. The Parliamentary Debates by Great Britain Parliament (1908)
"fluch expenditure should be surcharged, may present a petition to either division of the Court of Session, craving to have such expenditure declared illegal ..."
3. The Catholic Encyclopedia: An International Work of Reference on the by Charles George Herbermann (1913)
"It was while living in the atmosphère surcharged with these influences, that he issued Nobility ". It is in " its form an imitation of ..."
4. Steam for the Million: A Popular Treatise on Steam, and Its Application to by James Harman Ward (1864)
"SATURATED AND surcharged OR SUPERHEATED STEAM. 38. "When the temperature which steam possesses has been derived solely through the medium of the water, ..."
5. Earth Pressure: Retaining Walls and Bins by William Cain (1916)
"surcharged Walls, Fig. 44; Type 2; Back of Wall Vertical, Exterior Face Battered 2 Inches to the ... WALLS Summary of results for surcharged wall, Fig. 44. ..."
6. The Design of Walls, Bins, and Grain Elevators by Milo Smith Ketchum (1911)
"Hopper Bin, Top Surface surcharged and of Indefinite Extent.—The bin in Fig. 76 is surcharged from the left to the right side, the surcharge being equal to ..."
7. Hansard's Parliamentary Debates by Great Britain Parliament, Thomas Curson Hansard (1845)
"Richard Jones was surcharged for a hole .in the wall of his wash- house without ... Thomas Marshall, of Spondon, county of Derby, was surcharged for an ..."