Definition of Sun porch
1. Noun. A room enclosed largely with glass and affording exposure to the sun.
Generic synonyms: Room
Sun Porch Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Sun Porch Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Sun Porch
Literary usage of Sun porch
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Songs of a Nurse by Margaret Helen Florine, Philopolis Press (1917)
"The day was bright and pleasant, So my nurse procured a chair And wheeled me to the sun porch, That I might enjoy the air. I had the very latest book But ..."
2. The Modern hospital by John Allan Hornsby (1913)
"In the section on Childrens' Hospitals the sun porch and the things relating to ... These ward units are practically the same—a sun porch and two wards, ..."
3. Art Principles in House, Furniture, and Village Building: An Exposition of by Arthur Bridgman Clark (1921)
"The present California tendency is to make the main porch either a mere terrace without roof, or a sun porch completely en- ..."
4. Adventure Guide to Bermuda by Blair Howard (2004)
"Large lounge, enclosed sun porch. All rooms are air-conditioned and have TVs with satellite reception. Family atmosphere and home-cooked meals. ..."