2. Adverb. (idiomatic) like, of the kind mentioned ¹
3. Adverb. (idiomatic formal) those who ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Such As Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Such As Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Such As
Literary usage of Such as
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan (1846)
"... and his soul and all, and that to the devil of hell; for it is with such as it is with the ass, " who in her occasion cannot be turned away" (Jer. ii. ..."
2. The Republic of Plato by Plato (1888)
"(few exceptions, such as geometry and its accompanying sciences, which, according to us, in some small degree apprehend what is real,—we find that, ..."
3. The Republic of Plato by Plato, Benjamin Jowett (1881)
"... I said, is such as his like is ? Certainly, he replied. Very good, Thrasymachus, I said ; and now to take the case of the arts : you would admit that ..."