2. Noun. (physics) A subshell ¹
3. Noun. (video games) A level making up part of a larger level. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Sublevel
1. a lower level [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Sublevel Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Sublevel
Literary usage of Sublevel
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Engineering Geology Applied to the Design and Operation of Underground Coal by C. Richard Dunrud (2000)
"B, A bottom lift 8-11 ft thick is mined on the retreat and the middle lift 18-21 ft thick is mined by sublevel caving. The face and goaf conveyors transport ..."
2. Convex Optimization and Euclidean Distance Geometry by Jon Dattorro (2005)
"220.127.116.11 Epigraph, sublevel set It is well established that a continuous real ... To prove necessity of convex sublevel sets: For any X, Y £ Lvj we must show ..."
3. Elements of Mining by George Joseph Young (1916)
"to the sublevel which is to be opened out 25 ft. vertically above the main level. The sublevel is then opened out by drifts and ..."
4. Transactions of the American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical and (1915)
""The same procedure is carried out on sublevel B which in turn is blasted down; ... Thus each alternate sublevel is cut up by the numerous raises and the ..."
5. A Glossary of the Mining and Mineral Industry by Albert Hill Fay (1920)
"See sublevel stoping; aleo Caving system of mining. sublevel ... The uppermost sublevel underneath tbe cover la partly caved. ..."
6. Ore Mining Methods: Comprising Descriptions of Methods of Support in by Walter Richard Crane (1917)
"In mining the pillars the work of breaking ore is begun on the top sublevel and continued downward from sublevel to sublevel by the retreating method, ie, ..."