Definition of Strawberry blite
1. Noun. European annual with clusters of greenish flowers followed by red pulpy berrylike fruit; naturalized North America.
Strawberry Blite Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Strawberry Blite Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Strawberry Blite
Literary usage of Strawberry blite
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Flora Domestica, Or, The Portable Flower-garden: With Directions for the by Elizabeth Kent, Leigh Hunt (1831)
"There are three or four species of the Strawberry-blite, all annuals, ... The Blitum Capitatum, or Berry-headed Strawberry- blite, bears the largest berries ..."
2. Mountain Wild Flowers of America: A Simple and Popular Guide to the Names by Julia W. Henshaw (1906)
"strawberry blite, or Indian Strawberry, as it is sometimes called, is a very appropriate name for this plant, which flourishes best in newly up-turned or ..."
3. Hortus Kewensis: Or, A Catalogue of the Plants Cultivated in the Royal by William Aiton (1789)
"6. capita- Berry-headed strawberry blite. ... Slender-branch'd strawberry blite. tum. Nat. of France, Spain, and Tartary. Cult. 1759, by Mr. Philip Miller. ..."
4. Hortus Kewensis: Or, A Catalogue of the Plants Cultivated in the Royal by William Aiton (1789)
"6. capita- Berry-headed strawberry blite. tum- Nat. of ... J. virga- ' Slender-branch'd strawberry blite. Nat. of France, Spain, and Tartary. Cult. ..."