Definition of Stopings
1. stoping [n] - See also: stoping
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Stopings Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Stopings
Literary usage of Stopings
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Annual Register edited by Edmund Burke (1876)
"The damage done to the pit was comparatively trifling, beyond the destruction of nearly all the lower stopings. Some of the bodies were so horribly burned ..."
2. The Mining Magazine (1855)
"Their stopings have been entirely to the west of this, some three or four hundred feet. Drifts have been made some 140 feet to east and west of the adit, ..."
3. Bulletin by Geological Survey of Western Australia (1908)
"They have also sunk several minor shafts with drives and stopings, and have been well satisfied with the mine. ... I inspected part of the workings down to ..."
4. The Metallic Wealth of the United States: Described and Compared with that ...by Josiah Dwight Whitney by Josiah Dwight Whitney (1854)
"III. Section of the Minnesota Mine. NOTE.—All the sections are drawn on the scale of 200 feet to 1 inch, stopings are represented by the part in black. ..."
5. Statistics of Mines and Mining in the States and Territories West of the by United States Dept. of the Treasury (1877)
"... cross-cuts, and stopings amounting to 2600 tons. The actual cost of extracting, hauling, and milling the ore amounts here to about $19.50 per ton, ..."
6. The Americana: A Universal Reference Library, Comprising the Arts and ...by Frederick Converse Beach, George Edwin Rines by Frederick Converse Beach, George Edwin Rines (1912)
"The method of regulating the ventilation of a mine by conducting the air through various doors, stopings, etc. COUNTER-LODE. ..."
7. Bulletin by Geological Survey of Western Australia (1907)
"They have also sunk several minor shafts \\ith drives and stopings, and have been well satisfied with the mine. ... I inspected ('art of the workings down ..."