Definition of Stewart
1. Noun. United States film actor who portrayed incorruptible but modest heros (1908-1997).
Generic synonyms: Actor, Histrion, Player, Role Player, Thespian
2. Noun. Scottish philosopher and follower of Thomas Reid (1753-1828).
Definition of Stewart
1. Proper noun. (surname Scottish from=Middle English) ¹
2. Proper noun. (non-gloss definition (surnames male given name) transferred from the surname.) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Stewart Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Stewart
Literary usage of Stewart
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1888)
"In 1873, Thomas Sunderland, Curtis J. Hill- yer and William M. stewart associated them- [5O6] selves for the purchase and sale of real estate in the City of ..."
2. A Complete Collection of State Trials and Proceedings for High Treason and ...by Thomas Bayly Howell by Thomas Bayly Howell (1816)
"A zealous partisan of stewart published,under the tin» of " a Supplement to tlie ... Yet true it is, and of verity, that the said James stewart and Allan ..."
3. Annual Report by Geological Survey of Canada (1906)
"This report deals with the upper portion of the stewart river and the adjoining ... The stewart river above the Frazer falls drains an area of about 12000 ..."
4. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1921)
"AM stewart died testate in 1910, and shortly afterwards his son, ... Afterwards, in 1913, B. Harry E. stewart died without having settled his accounts as ..."
5. Readers' Guide to Periodical Literature by H.W. Wilson Company (1908)
"stewart, Charles David, 1868- Battle on the San Gabriel. Cent. ... stewart, Jane A. Higher educational exhibit at the Jamestown exposition. Educa. ..."
6. A Complete Collection of State Trials and Proceedings for High Treason and ...by Thomas Bayly Howell by Thomas Bayly Howell (1816)
"zealous partisan of stewart published,under the tin, Of « a Supplement to ... Yet true it is, and of verity, that the said James stewart and Allan stewart, ..."