Definition of St. vincent and the grenadines
1. Noun. An island country in the central Windward Islands; achieved independence from the United Kingdom in 1979.
Group relationships: Oas, Organization Of American States
Generic synonyms: Country, Land, State
Group relationships: Caribbean, Windward Islands, Windward Isles
Terms within: Saint Vincent, St. Vincent
St. Vincent And The Grenadines Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: St. Vincent And The Grenadines Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of St. Vincent And The Grenadines
Literary usage of St. vincent and the grenadines
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Caribbean Basin Financing Opportunities: Guide to Financing Trade (1992)
"... St. Vincent and the Grenadines Seven commercial banks, including three foreign banks, and a cooperative bank operate ..."
2. Adventure Guide to St Vincent, Grenada and the Grenadines by Cindy Kilgorie Brown, Alan Moore (2003)
"... on Grenada and St. Vincent and the Grenadines from November through April. STAR CLIPPER CRUISES 4101 Salzedo Street Coral Gables, Florida 33146 'a ..."
3. International Religious Freedom (2000): Report to Congress by the Department edited by Barbara Larkin (2001)
"st. vincent and the grenadines The Constitution provides for freedom of religion, and the Government generally respects this right in practice. ..."
4. Best Dives of the Caribbean by Joyce Huber (2006)
"History The first inhabitants of St. Vincent and the Grenadines came by small craft from South America. First the Ciboney settled in. then the peaceful ..."