Definition of St. mary of bethlehem
1. Noun. Port city in northern Brazil in the Amazon delta; main port and commercial center for the Amazon River basin.
Generic synonyms: City, Metropolis, Urban Center, Port
Group relationships: Brasil, Brazil, Federative Republic Of Brazil
St. Mary Of Bethlehem Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: St. Mary Of Bethlehem Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of St. Mary Of Bethlehem
Literary usage of St. mary of bethlehem
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The History and Antiquities of London, Westminster, Southwark, and Parts by Thomas Allen (1839)
"... St. Giles and Corpus Christi, without Cripplegate; St. Mary of Bethlehem, near London Wall; St. Mary Spital, without Bishopsgate; St. Thomas, Southwark; ..."
2. Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Standard Work of Reference in Art, Literature (1907)
"Bethlehem Hospital, like St. Bartholomew's originally a priory, founded in 1247, under the name of St. Mary of Bethlehem, by Simon Fitz Mary, ..."
3. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences and General (1890)
"... under the name of St Mary of Bethlehem, by Simon Fit* Mary, sheriff of London, was given, with all iu revenues, ..."
4. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and General by Thomas Spencer Baynes (1888)
"Bethlehem Hospital, like St Bartholomew's originally а Р"°гу, founded in 1247, under the name of St Mary of Bethlehem, by Simon Fitz Mary, sheriff of London ..."