Definition of St. kitts and nevis
1. Noun. A country on several of the Leeward Islands; located to the east southeast of Puerto Rico; achieved independence from the United Kingdom in 1983.
Group relationships: Oas, Organization Of American States
Generic synonyms: Country, Land, State
Group relationships: Caribbean, Leeward Islands
Terms within: Saint Christopher, Saint Kitts, St. Christopher, St. Kitts, Basseterre, Nevis, Sombrero
St. Kitts And Nevis Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: St. Kitts And Nevis Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of St. Kitts And Nevis
Literary usage of St. kitts and nevis
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. International Religious Freedom (2000): Report to Congress by the Department edited by Barbara Larkin (2001)
"st. kitts and nevis The Constitution provides for freedom of religion and the Government respects this right in practice. Both government policy and the ..."
2. Appletons' Annual Cyclopædia and Register of Important Events of the Year (1902)
"... St. Kitts, and Nevis, as well as in Barbados. The lime industry in Dominica and one or two other colonies has increased in valut Onions are successfully ..."
3. Stark's History and Guide to Barbados and the Caribbee Islands by James Henry Stark (1903)
"st. kitts and nevis. St. Christopher's (English, 23 by 5 miles, 68 square miles area, 28470 population) is reached at Basseterre in twelve hours run, ..."
4. Adventure Guide to Anguilla Antigua St. Barts St. Kitts St. Martin Including by Paris Permenter, John Bigley (2000)
"1929 Charles Lindberg carried the first recorded mails to St. Kitts and Nevis. Two years and four months after his trans-Atlantic crossing, ..."
5. Caribbean by Barbara Ender-Jones (2001)
"St Kitts and Nevis gain full independence in 1983. The economy flourishes with the development of tourism and with the export of sugar, molasses, ..."