Definition of Squamous cell carcinoma
1. Noun. The most common form of skin cancer.
Medical Definition of Squamous cell carcinoma
Squamous Cell Carcinoma Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Squamous Cell Carcinoma Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Literary usage of Squamous cell carcinoma
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Lifelong Passion: Nicholas and Alexandra: Their Own Story by Andrei Maylunas (2005)
"Analyses for squamous cell carcinoma showed significantly higher odds ratios for self-respondents than for subjects with next of kin respondents; ..."
2. Cancer of the Uterus: Its Pathology, Symptomatology, Diagnosis, and Treatment by Thomas Stephen Cullen (1900)
"Reports ot cases illustrating extension of squamous-cell carcinoma to ... Squamous-cell carcinoma of the cervix with extension to the pelvic bones. 9. ..."
3. Surgery, Gynecology & Obstetrics by The American College of Surgeons, Franklin H. Martin Memorial Foundation (1913)
"Squamous-cell carcinoma of the cervix in a patient with a ... The cervix was curetted and a diagnosis of squamous-cell carcinoma made (Path. Nos. ..."
4. Reviews in Environmental Health (1998): Toxicological Defense Mechanics edited by Gary E. R. Hook, George W. Lucier (2000)
"Gavage administration of cyclosporin at a dose of 10 or 25 mg/kg 5 times a week for 24 weeks induced skin papillomas, skin squamous cell carcinoma, ..."
5. Gynecological Pathology; a Manual of Microscopic Technique and Diagnosis in by Karl Abel, Samuel Wyllis Bandler (1901)
"Reports of cases illustrating extension of squamous-cell carcinoma to the vaginal vault. ... Lymph glands involved in squamous-cell carcinoma of the cervix. ..."
6. Manual of gynecology by Henry Turman Byford (1897)
"Commencing Squamous-cell Carcinoma of the Vaginal Portion ... Advanced Squamous-cell Carcinoma of Vaginal Portion drawn down to Vulva (J. Williams') 447 257 ..."
7. Manual of Gynecology by Henry Turman Byford (1902)
"Commencing Squamous-cell Carcinoma of the Vaginal Portion Case), ... Sagittal Section of Cervix in Advanced Squamous-cell Carcinoma of to the Vulva (J. ..."
8. The Journal of Cancer Research (1917)
"The three cases quoted by Wolff (18) are: (1) squamous cell carcinoma of the ... and peritoneum (Hillbrand); (3) squamous cell carcinoma of the cardia, ..."