Definition of Sq ft
1. Noun. A unit of area equal to one foot by one foot square.
Sq Ft Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Sq Ft Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Sq Ft
sq ft (current term)
Literary usage of Sq ft
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings by American Society of Civil Engineers (1904)
"It is perfectly possible that on such occasions areas affecting a girder in such a building will be loaded considerably in excess of SO Ib. per sq. ft., ..."
2. Standard Methods of Chemical Analysis: A Manual of Analytical Methods and by Wilfred Welday Scott (1922)
"Ibs. per 100 so. ft. for Types B and C; or calculate the combined weight of very Calculate the total weight of bituminous matter in Ibs. per 100 sq. ft., ..."
3. Mining Engineers' Handbook by Robert Peele (1918)
"M per min to ft per sec.. Cm per sec to ft per min Kilom per hr to knots... Lb per ¡in ft to kg per m. Lb/sq in to kg/sq cm. . Lb per sq ft to kß per sq m ..."
4. The History of Protective Tariff Laws by Richard Wigginton Thompson (1888)
"Not exceeding 24x30 in. sq 10 c. sq. ft. Above that 60 c. sq. ft. Not exceeding 24x60 in. sq 35 c. sq. ft. Looking-glass plates or plate-glass, ..."
5. Handbook of Building Construction: Data for Architects, Designing and by Nathan Clarke Johnson, George Albert Hool (1920)
"The load on the monolithic piers supporting the large churches in Europe does not usually exceed 30 tons per sq. ft. (420 Ib. per sq. in. ..."
6. National Building Code by American Insurance Association, National Board of Fire Underwriters (1909)
"Fronting on one street Fronting on two streets, only sq. ft. through from street to that is, extending Corner building, fronting on two streets 6000 sq. ft. ..."